And We caused Jesus, son of Mary, to follow in their footsteps, confirming that which was (revealed) before him in the Torah, and We bestowed on him the Gospel wherein is guidance and a light, confirming that which was (revealed) before it in the Torah – a guidance and an admonition unto those who ward off (evil).[Surah Al-Ma’idah (Chapter of the Repast), Verse 46]
Lo! ALLAH preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of Imran above (all His) creatures.
• They were descendants one of another. ALLAH is Hearer, Knower.
• (Remember) when the wife of Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto you that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! You, only You, are the Hearer, the Knower!
• And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female – ALLAH knew best of what she was delivered – the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave your protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.
• And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence comes unto you this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. ALLAH gives without stint to whom He will.
• Then Zachariah prayed unto his Lord and said: My Lord! Bestow upon me of Your Bounty goodly offspring. Lo! You are the Hearer of Prayer.
• And the angels called to him as he stood praying in the sanctuary: ALLAH gives you glad tidings of (a son whose name is) John, (who comes) to confirm a word from ALLAH lordly, chaste, a prophet of the righteous.
• He said: My Lord! How can I have a son when age has overtaken me already and my wife is barren? (The angel) answered: So (it will be). ALLAH does what He will.[Al-Imran (Chapter of the Family of Imran), Verses 33-40]
And when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! ALLAH has chosen you and made you pure, and has preferred you above (all) the women of creation.
• O Mary! Be obedient to your Lord, prostrate yourself and bow with those who bow (in worship).[Al-Imran (Chapter of the Family of Imran), Verses 42-43]
… when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East,
• And had chosen seclusion from them…[Surah Maryam (Chapter of Mary), Verses 16-17]
(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! ALLAH gives you glad tidings of a word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
• He will speak unto mankind in his cradle and in his manhood, and he is of the righteous.
• She said: My Lord! How can I have a child when no mortal has touched me? He said: So (it will be). ALLAH creates what He will. If He decrees a thing, He says unto it only: Be! And it is.
• And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel,
• And will make him a messenger unto the Children of Israel, (saying): Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird, by Allah’s Leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah’s Leave. And I announce unto you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Lo! Herein verily is a portent for you, if you are to be believers.
• And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to ALLAH and obey me.
• Lo! ALLAH is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.[Surah Al-Imran (Chapter of the Family of Imran), Verses 45-51]
And she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place.
• And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten!
• Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Your Lord has placed a rivulet beneath you,
• And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward you, you will cause ripe dates to fall upon you.
• So eat and drink and be consoled. And if you meet any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent, and may not speak this day to any mortal.
• Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! You have come with an amazing thing.
• O sister of Aaron! Your father was not a wicked man nor was your mother a harlot.
• Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy?
• He spoke: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He has given me the Scripture and has appointed me a Prophet,
• And has made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and has enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive,
• And (has made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and has not made me arrogant, unblest.
• Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
• Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.
• It befits not (the Majesty of) ALLAH that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decrees a thing, He says unto it only: Be! And it is.
• And lo! ALLAH is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.[Surah Maryam (Chapter of Mary), Verses 22-36]
Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins,
• That you ascribe unto the Beneficent a son,
• When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son. [Surah Maryam (Chapter of Mary), Verses 90-92]
The Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decrees a thing, He says unto it only: Be! And it is.[Surah Al-Baqarah (Chapter of the Heifer), Verse 117]
There is none in the heavens and the earth but comes unto the Beneficent as a slave.
• Verily He knows them and numbers them with (right) numbering. [Surah Maryam (Chapter of Mary), Verses 93-94]
They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! ALLAH is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! Whoso ascribes partners unto Allah, for him ALLAH has forbidden paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers.
• They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! ALLAH is the third of three; when there is no ALLAH save the One Allah. If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve.[Surah Al-Ma’idah (Chapter of the Repast), Verses 72-73]
And when ALLAH says: O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? He says: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then you knew it. You know what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Your Mind. Lo! You, only You, are the Knower of Things Hidden?
• I spoke unto them only that which You commanded me, (saying): Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. I was a witness of them while I dwelt among them, and when you took me you were the Watcher over them. You are Witness over all things.[Surah Al-Ma’idah (Chapter of the Repast), Verses 116-117]
Will they not rather turn unto ALLAH and seek forgiveness of Him? For ALLAH is Forgiving, Merciful.
• The Messiah, son of Mary, was no other than a messenger, messengers (the like of whom) had passed away before him. And his mother was a saintly woman. And they both used to eat (earthly) food. See how We make the revelations clear for them, and see how they are turned away![Surah Al-Ma’idah (Chapter of the Repast), Verses 74-75]
And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of ALLAH unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who comes after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he has come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.[Surah Al-Saff (Chapter of the Ranks), Verse 6]
But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the Cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah’s helpers. We believe in ALLAH and bear you witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).
• Our Lord! We believe in that which you have revealed and we follow him whom you have sent. Enrol us among those who witness (to the truth).
• And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and ALLAH schemed (against them): and ALLAH is the Best of Schemers.
• (And remember) when ALLAH said: O Jesus! Lo! I am gathering you and causing you to ascend unto Me and am cleansing you of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow you above those who disbelieve until the Day of Resurrection. Then unto Me you will (all) return, and I shall judge between you as to that wherein you used to differ.
• As for those who disbelieve I shall chastise them with a heavy chastisement in the world and the Hereafter; and they will have no helpers.
• And as for those who believe and do good works, He will pay them their wages in full. ALLAH loves not wrong-doers.
• This (which) We recite unto you is a revelation and a wise reminder.
• Lo! The likeness of Jesus with ALLAH is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust; then He said unto him: Be! And he is.
• (This is) the truth from your Lord (O Muhammad), so be not you of those who waver.
• And whoso disputes with you concerning him, after the knowledge which has come unto you, say (unto him): Come! We will summon our sons and your sons, and our women and your women, and ourselves and yourselves; then we will pray humbly (to our Lord) and (solemnly) invoke the curse of ALLAH upon those who lie.
• Lo! This verily is the true narrative. There is no ALLAH save Allah, and lo! Allah, He verily is, is the Mighty, the Wise.
• And if they turn away, then lo! ALLAH is Aware of (who are) the corrupters.
• Say: O People of the Scripture! Come to an agreement between us and you: that we shall worship none but Allah, and that we shall ascribe no partner unto Him, and that none of us shall take others for lords beside Allah. And if they turn away, then say: Bear witness that we are they who have surrendered (unto Him).[Surah Al-Imran (Chapter of the Family of Imran), Verses 52-64]
And because of their disbelief and of their speaking against Mary a tremendous calumny;
• And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah’s messenger – they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! Those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.
• But ALLAH took him up unto Himself. ALLAH was ever Mighty, Wise.
• There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them – [Surah Al-Nisa’ (Chapter of Women), Verses 156-159]
O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning ALLAH save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in ALLAH and His messengers, and say not “Three” – Cease! (It is) better for you! – ALLAH is only One Allah. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And ALLAH is sufficient as Defender.
• The Messiah will never scorn to be a slave unto Allah, nor will the favoured angels. Whoso scorns His service and is proud, all such will He assemble unto Him;[Surah Al-Nisa’ (Chapter of Women), Verses 171-172]
Say (O Muslims): We believe in ALLAH and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.[Surah Al-Baqarah (Chapter of the Heifer), Verse 136]
Unto ALLAH belongs the Sovereignty of the heavens and the earth and whatsoever is therein, and He is Able to do all things.[Surah Al-Ma’idah (Chapter of the Repast), Verse 120]